Facebook Marketplace is an online marketplace where users can buy or sell items. Often, you will come across product listings where the seller’s information, such as their phone number, email, and address are hidden.
Some sellers prefer hiding these as it provides them more privacy. However, hiding this information can prevent buyers from knowing more about the product or how to get in touch with the seller.
Typically, buyers contact the seller through Facebook Messenger to find out the information. However, there are some hacks to see this hidden information. This is because all seller details are visible if you’re using Facebook on your mobile browser.
Note: these methods are for educational purposes only, if a seller wishes not to show certain information you should respect that.
- Log in to your Facebook account in the browser.
- Click the Marketplace icon at the top of your screen, or by selecting Marketplace on the left-side menu panel.
- Click on the product listing you want.
- Scroll down to the Seller’s Description or Details section to find ‘[hidden information].‘
- Copy the URL of the listing.
- Paste the URL link in another browser and replace “www” with “m.”
- Scroll down to the Seller Description or Details section – you can often view the previously hidden details.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top right of your Facebook app.
- Click on Marketplace.
- Click on the product listing of your choice.
- Scroll down to Seller’s Description or Details section and you should see the details hidden inside the square brackets.
- Scroll up and click on the Share icon.
- Click on Copy link.
- Open your preferred browser on mobile and paste the URL link of the product.
Note: You need to be logged into your Facebook account on the browser.
- Replace “www” with “m” and press Enter.
You should now be able to see the hidden details in the Seller Description or Details section.