Most online marketplaces make it easy to open an account but difficult to close an account. However, closing your shop with Etsy can be done in just a few clicks.
Before you close your Etsy shop, you need to settle open orders, unresolved cases, and overdue fees.
This guide shows you everything you need to know about closing your Etsy shop.
How to close your Etsy shop
- Sign in to Etsy.com and click Shop Manager between “Updates” and “You.”
- Go to Settings in the left panel.
- Select Options from the left menu panel.
- Click Close Shop next to the “Download Data” tab.
- Select one of the reasons from the dropdown to let Etsy know why you want to close your shop.
- Click Close Shop.
Frequently asked questions
How to close a draft shop?
You’ll need to contact Etsy Support to close a draft shop that isn’t public yet. Go to the bottom of the help page and click on Contact support.
How to close your shop with open orders?
You’ll need to process your open orders to close your shop. The best way to do it is to put your Etsy shop on Vacation Mode so that you don’t receive new orders. In the meantime, you can resolve open orders.